Rear view shapes for Management switches are used to document management network cabling. This is NetApp specific stencil as there is only one management switch, NetApp CN1601.
Original Switch shapes by:
Switch Grouping Box:
- Switches are grouped together in pairs inside a Switch Grouping Box
- Properties for Switch Grouping Box
- Switch Type:
- Typically switch speed
- If switch type is denoted with “*”
- Indicates that this is customer supplied
- Switch Type:
- Grouping boxes come in two form factor
- To be placed in the same rack as other gear
- To be place between the racks
- There are few variants per switch type
- 16-port 1 GbE switch with RJ-45 connectors
- Click swich shape to show data in Shape Data Window
- Switch Number
- Site Name for Switch (typically only used with MetroCluster)
- Switch Name Body
- Edit as required and device label will change accordingly
Screenshot: NetApp CN1601 switch shapes in Visio Shapes Window:
Port assignment box:
- Click the shape to show data in Shape Data Window
- Use pull-down menus to assign correct port combinations
- Text in shape will be changed accordingly
- Only if suitable port combinations cannot be found in shape data pull-down menus, then edit text manually but this will break connection to data
Make your own Switch rear view Shapes:
Mgmt switch stencil includes empty Mgmt Switch Groping boxes. These grouping boxes are equipped with “anchoring” points so that you can pull a 19″ wide switch into the shape and place it correctly.
If you do make your own shapes, you will have to edit the label of the switch manually, I am using “Calibri” 6pt font for switch names.
Additionally data in switch port assignment box might not match your switch / use case, edit as required.
On top of “Rack” form factor empty shapes, there are also two “Mid” 2×4/12d form factor shapes