April 1, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection.
- All DPTPB SAN switch and ATTO bridges shapes have been updated, using the same design as recently upgraded 10GbE and 1GbE switches. More info on design changes for switch shapes can be found in my blog post: Visio by DPTPB: Update Notes for All Switch stencils.
- Added Brocade G620 32G FC switch shapes
- Removed some SAN switch shape variants and all 8GB Atto (6500N) shapes to reduce clutter and make shape maintenance easier.
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 16G / 32G SAN Switch & ATTO Bridge shape update (V2)” →
Feb 10, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection, part 2
40GbE / 32G FC Switch General Notes
LAN & SAN switches are typically available in both “Fan Side Intake” / “Port Side Exhaust” and “Port Side Intake” / “Fan Side Exhaust” versions. If sourcing switches from NetApp typically correct airflow is selected, in case of sourcing switches directly from switch vendors, take care to order correct airflow option. With wrong airflow you might end up overheating your switch and cause it to shut down: been there, done that, no t-shirt 🙂
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: 40GbE / 32 GB FC Switch shapes” →
Feb 10, 2017 update notes for Visio by DPTPB stencil collection, part 1
This is became quite lengthy post or in fact series of posts due to new NetApp AFF A700s platform, which is very different “beast” than any other NetApp AFF / FAS platform:
- First platform with internal disks which is not sharing chassis with existing disk shelf
- Only 40GbE & 32G Fiber Channel ports and adapters
- 10GbE connectivity is only available with 40GbE to 4x10GbE breakout cables.
This in turn required additional new shapes for 40GbE / 32G FC switches (part 2) and 40GbE to 4x10GbE breakout cables (part 3). Sample drawings for NetApp AFF A700s are available in the last post of this series, (part4).
Continue reading “Visio by DPTPB: NetApp AFF A700s” →